Ethos & Sustainability
Here at BOSA Art Co sustainable and ethical production have always been
As a small family-owned business, we do what we can to reduce our
environmental impact and support local economies. We are genuinely
trying our best to make a positive contribution to the planet for future
Here’s where we’re up to on our sustainability journey so far…
• All our packaging is designed to minimise waste.
• We use recycled materials wherever possible.
• Our cards are ‘naked’ – we don’t wrap them in plastic.
• All our products are printed in Australia, some just a few kilometres
from our home here in Tasmania.
• We love supporting other local female artists. You’ll see a small
selection of products on our website that are handcrafted here in
Tasmania by other skilled artisans.
• We’ve launched the BOSA Art Co community to support the development of
other local Tasmanian artists. We believe sharing skills helps grow
• We make monthly donations to an Australian organisation that works
tirelessly to regenerate wetlands and native forests by planting trees.
Bosa Art Co recognises the 40, 000 plus years of Tasmanian Aboriginal
heritage and culture.
In recognition of the deep history and culture of our home, we
acknowledge the Tasmanian Aboriginal people as the First People of
We acknowledge the determination and resilience of the palawa of
lutruwita/Tasmania who have survived invasion and dispossession and
continue to maintain their identity and culture.
We recognise that we have much to learn from the Tasmanian Aboriginal
community - the world's oldest continuing culture. We pay our sincere
respects to Elders past and present and to all Tasmanian Aboriginal
people living in and around our home of nipaluna/Hobart.
Words by Amanda Mackinnon @thewildsmith